Hi,
        I am new on DirectFB, and hope someone can help me.
        I searched on this forum and on the internet for a few days, but until
now I did not made work a simple (I believe...) POC.
        I want to play a video (file or stream), and on top of it I want to
show some translucent graphics.
        I tried to modify the df_window (Directfb-examples). I created the two
layers, one window one each layer, the dfblogo appears ok, I can hear the
sound, but no video behind the logo.
        I also have readed the "DirectFB Overview (v0.2 for DirectFB 0.9.21)",
that has an example of a layer/window configuration (page 7), but I donĀ“t know
how to make this example turn into code and work.  The resources I am using to
learn are: the pdf I mentioned, the code of the examples, the API Reference,
and the directfb-users mail list. Does it exist any other resource ? Any book ?
        Below some output of my test.

Best regards,

Hugo Lavalle

I have the following output from dfb->EnumDisplayLayers :

Layer 0:
 - Has a surface.
 - Supports blending based on alpha channel.
 - Brightness can be adjusted.
 - Contrast can be adjusted.
 - Saturation can be adjusted.

Layer 1:
 - Has a surface.
 - Supports destination color keying.
 - Can deinterlace interlaced video for progressive display.
 - Supports blending based on global alpha factor.
 - Can be positioned on the screen.
 - Brightness can be adjusted.
 - Contrast can be adjusted.
 - Hue can be adjusted.
 - Saturation can be adjusted.

I am using radeonfb, and "fbset -i" returns the following:

mode "1024x768-60"
   # D: 65.003 MHz, H: 48.365 kHz, V: 60.006 Hz
   geometry 1024 768 1024 768 8
   timings 15384 160 24 29 3 136 6
   hsync high
   vsync high