Hi ,
I am able to compile, but i am getting the same error which i mentioned while executing it.

While going through the DirectFB-1.0.1 code i found that IDirectFBVideoProvider_Play() and all other similar APIs are not implemented, So does that means that i cannot play video using the
   df_video.c file.

   please help me in this regards.

Animesh.
san wrote:
you must compile DirectFB_examples, like :

$export  PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
$export  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib

$./configure
$make
$make install

test example:
$df_bltload

compile test.c:

$gcc `pkg-config --cflags --libs directfb` -o dfb_test dfb_test.c