On Saturday 26 April 2008 06:35, Denis Oliver Kropp wrote:
> Lloyd Sargent wrote:
> > On Friday 25 April 2008 06:23, Alex Vazquez wrote:
> Actually, only 3 bit are used for alpha, the fourth bit is for blinking.

No doubt you are right... it has been two years since I messed with the alpha
layer and I guess I only remembered it was four bits.

> Anyhow, DirectFB manages both OSD planes (RGB + Alpha) itself, transparent
> to the application which only cares about its ARGB 32bit single plane
> buffer.

My bad. We did development with a (slightly) older version and it did not
handle the Alpha buffer. When we need the alpha layer for production I will
(attempt to) remember this fact.

Thanks for the corrections!

Lloyd