There is a flag DSDESC_PREALLOCATED to create surface with user data.
//sample
 DFBSurfaceDescription desc;
    desc.flags  = (DFBSurfaceDescriptionFlags)\

(DSDESC_CAPS|DSDESC_WIDTH|DSDESC_HEIGHT|DSDESC_PIXELFORMAT|DSDESC_PREALLOCATED);
    desc.caps         = DSCAPS_SYSTEMONLY;
    desc.pixelformat  = some_pix_fmt;
    desc.height       = height;
    desc.width        =  width;

    desc.preallocated[0].data   = src; //user data
    desc.preallocated[0].pitch  = bytes_per_line;
    dfb->CreateSurface( dfb, &desc, &ret_surf);

2008/5/16, Hadli, Manjunath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hello,
>         Can anyone tell me if DirectFb can aupport surfaces allocated by
> applications outside of DirectFb for their use for DirectFb?
>
>  To make the point more clear, I do not want the memory allocation to happen
> at the DirectFb end, but I have my own memory which I have allocated outside
> of DirectFB. I want to use this memory block as a directFB surface.
>

>  Thanks for any pointers on this.
>
>  Thanks and Regards,
>  -Manju

Best Regards