George Tsalikis wrote:
> O/H Denis Oliver Kropp έγραψε:
>> You mean pulling fbcon into user space? There's no win except for some
>> driver code, but better pull in that and use the devmem system module or
>> a uio system module to be written :)
>>

> no i mean forking fbdev and continuing it for our specific needs. A
> smart patch that gives the option at kernel config to choose between the
> two fbdevs would be great. and with DirectFB we dont need fbcon do we...

Not a bad idea, thinking about the existing hardware support :)

No, we don't fbcon, actually it would be good to not have any graphics
output done by the kernel at all. Neither a terminal emulation nor any
other, well, maybe a blue screen :-P

Most drivers have a "foobar_set_offset()" function internally anyhow, so
the first step of adding an ioctl for it would be quite easy.

How should we call this, kdfb? :)

--
Best regards,
   Denis Oliver Kropp