I just started playing w/ DirectFB today, and in particular ++DFB.
I'm developing an application for an embedded device (aren't we all?)
and DFB has been a dream solution so far.

My question has two parts:  Can Video Providers be implemented
'dynamically' or at runtime, or do they have to be compiled into the
DirectFB libraries?  Also, is there a basic template for writing new
Video Providers and registering them?

Background:  My UI is heavy on animated icons and such.  I was just
starting a class to handle animating a series of images, when I
concluded that a VideoProvider is probably my best solution, also a
significant portion of my device is a media player for various media
types.  As such, eventually I'll need to develop a VideoProvider for
those media formats as well.  For the animated icons I'm looking for a
VideoProvider that animates a series of PNGs, so in a sense, a
VideoProvider based on an ImageProvider.

On the surface, it appears DirectFB could easily handle this, but
digging into the code, its not quite so clear.  My preference would be
able to use a stock DirectFB with custom providers registered at
runtime.

Any help would be appreciated.  Outside of proprietary video formats,
any providers I code I'm happy to contribute back to the project.

Thanks,

Kyle