On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 06:19:24PM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I am trying to make a new by following the gr-howto-write-a-block.  I was
> able to successfuly make myself a local directory structure with all the
> required file and compile the howto_square(2)_ff.cc.
>
> I also so did a 'make check' in the src directory and it work good.
>
> Now the question is how do you make the new function available?

Did you:

  $ make install

What's your current directory when you try the import?
Move up a directory or two.  Python's got some screwy semantics on
import path resolution that sometime causes problems.  They're
planning on fixing this sometime in the future, but it introduces an
imcompatibility. http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0328.html

Eric