Eric Blossom wrote:
On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 12:52:11PM -0400, Marcus Leech wrote:
I'm modifying my radio astronomy applications to support other than tuner-type daughtercards.

Is this roughly correct for supporting such cards (BASIC_RX is the only one I know of)?

I believe usrp.tune works correctly with all daughterboards.

Or slightly more compactly:

    r = self.u.tune(0, self.subdev, target_freq)
Eric
That returned an error when used with a BASIC_RX card--with the latest CVS image.

In the particular instance, target_freq was 10.7e6, which prompted an error. I would expect
 a BASIC_RX card to be able to "tune" to 10.7Mhz.

I looked around for an example that was designed for the BASIC_RX card, and found am_rcv.py, which uses the set_rx_freq() interface into USRP. This seemed to work
 OK, which is why I tweaked my code the way I did.