Hello,

I've completed a prototype for an NTSC decoder blockset for gnu radio. It's not
very sophisticated but it lets you see video on the screen using gr-video-sdl.
My development platform is Ubuntu 6.10 x86.

The signal starts out by using a custom AGC which simply scales the samples by
dividing all samples by a local maximum. This puts most of the samples in the 0
to 1.0 range. Then the frame detector uses a simple threshold method to
determine when pulses begin and end. The length of time between pulses is used
to determine the type of pulse. A simple state machine keeps the output
buffered correctly so the screen doesn't get out of whack.

Current features:

* Black/White reception (vertical and horizontal sync)
* Contrast/Brightness adjustment (still a little buggy)

Planned features:

* automatic black level
* color
* stereo audio