From: Josh Blum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 20:34:40
To:Dev Ramudit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc:discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM GRC block attempt

In short, the GRC code for the packet modulator was no good after the
"incompatible trunk check in". So, I just deleted the packet mod/demod
code in GRC.

To restore the functionality of the packet mod/demod (in grc), i would
have to cannibalize the current blks.pkt code. I will be glad to do
this, especially if someone is using the blocks.

The only thing about the packet mod/demod blocks is that they are
implemented poorly. For example, to implement a packet modulation block,
you have to sample the gnuradio stream with a message sink and a thread,
the error coding/packetizing is done in python with packet utils, and
then the data is pushed back into the gnuradio stream with a message
source. Not too efficient. Any suggestions before I go ahead with the
message source/sink idea?

Anyway, it would be great to get ofdm working with GRC.

-Josh