OK, I booted into Arch Linux again for some testing. This time
my
kernel was upgraded to 2.4.24. I hooked up my USRP and
ran the python
scripts and walked away for 20 minutes. When
I came back, it was still
sitting there trying to tune an NTSC
signal and failing miserably at
synchronizing the video stream,
but it did not freeze or bail out with
any of the prior errors of
the device not being found, so it could
indeed be the Linux
kernel that I was using. I'm using the SVN version
of gnuradio,
so it is >= 3.1.1 I guess. As for Windows, I haven't
done any
further testing, but am left to assume that my 3.0.2 on XP
will
continue to fail.

I would like to get the SVN (or at least a
more recent) version
to compile under Windows, but the Wiki articles do
not indicate
which libraries are compatible, and I think this is a real
shame
for those of us who prefer to enable non-linux-gurus to use
FOSS.
Any advise on compiling under MSYS or Cygwin would
be greatly appreciated.

Sidebar: as for the NTSC signal not synching... Should I just
 play
around with the signal routing, or is it more of a decimation
thing? I've tried many different decimation values and
have had the
best success with 10, 14, 20, and 28.

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Are you seeing the same symptoms with GNU 3.1.1 on Linux?
>
> There was a significant bug fix in 3.0.4 related to the USRP firmware
> and USB power management.  We only saw the issue with certain versions
> of the Linux kernel, but it may be related.
>

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> This is probably unrelated, but I once had random errors similar to
> this when I used an under-rated power supply with USRP. Another
> possibility is a loose power supply jack connector.  But I guess you
> have pretty much ruled these out already.

Yes, I believe the power supplies are fine but thanks for bringing that up.