On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 3:25 PM, Steven Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[snip]
> It should be a
> drop-in replacement for the existing demodulator in designs, except
> that the transmitted data needs to be differentially encoded (you will
> NOT, however, need a differential decoder on the receive side).

Why?

All the cases I can think of would be most logically implimented with
the same interface (encoded or non-encoded) on both the encoder and
decoders.

If it's just an arbitrary decision then perhaps it should be changed
before it enters the tree and people build other radios expecting that
particular interface.