I have a new USRP board with FLEX400 MIMO B boards installed on both the A and
B daughter card sides. I've created a simple spectrum display python app based
on the example apps in gnuradio-examples/python/usrp. The my app works fine if
I use the -R option to choose the A side device. However, I get a set frequency
failed error when I choose the B side card. After some digging into the tune()
method of the source_c class, it looks like the usrp.tune() call is failing
when it tries to set the DDC frequency.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

I've attached the python source for the app I'm using.

Thanks

Brian S.
#!/usr/bin/env python
#
# Copyright 2005,2006,2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
#
# This file is part of GNU Radio
#
# GNU Radio is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
# the Free Software Foundation; either version 3, or (at your option)
# any later version.
#
# GNU Radio is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
#
# along with GNU Radio; see the file COPYING.  If not, write to
# the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street,
# Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
#

from gnuradio import gr, gru, eng_notation, optfir
from gnuradio import audio
from gnuradio import usrp
from gnuradio import blks2
from gnuradio.eng_option import eng_option
from gnuradio.wxgui import slider, powermate
from gnuradio.wxgui import stdgui2, fftsink2, form
from optparse import OptionParser
from usrpm import usrp_dbid
import sys
import math
import wx

def pick_subdevice(u):
    """
    The user didn't specify a subdevice on the command line.
    Try for one of these, in order: TV_RX, BASIC_RX, whatever is on side A.

    @return a subdev_spec
    """
    return usrp.pick_subdev(u, (usrp_dbid.TV_RX,
                                usrp_dbid.TV_RX_REV_2,
				usrp_dbid.TV_RX_REV_3,
                                usrp_dbid.BASIC_RX))

class spectrum_analyzer_block (stdgui2.std_top_block):
    def __init__(self,frame,panel,vbox,argv):
        stdgui2.std_top_block.__init__ (self,frame,panel,vbox,argv)

        parser=OptionParser(option_class=eng_option)
        parser.add_option("-R", "--rx-subdev-spec", type="subdev", default=None,
                          help="select USRP Rx side A or B (default=A)")
        parser.add_option("-f", "--freq", type="eng_float", default=100.1e6,
                          help="set frequency to FREQ", metavar="FREQ")
        parser.add_option("-g", "--gain", type="eng_float", default=40,
                          help="set gain in dB (default is midpoint)")
        parser.add_option("-d", "--decim", type="int", default=200,
                          help="set fgpa decimation rate to DECIM [default=%default]")
        (options, args) = parser.parse_args()
        if len(args) != 0:
            parser.print_help()
            sys.exit(1)

        self.frame = frame
        self.panel = panel

        self.state = "FREQ"
        self.freq = 0

        # build graph

        self.u = usrp.source_c()                    # usrp is data source

        numDDC = self.u.nddc()
        print "Num DDC %d" % (numDDC)

        adc_rate = self.u.adc_rate()                # 64 MS/s
        usrp_decim = options.decim
        self.u.set_decim_rate(usrp_decim)
        usrp_rate = adc_rate / usrp_decim           # 320 kS/s

        if options.rx_subdev_spec is None:
            options.rx_subdev_spec = pick_subdevice(self.u)

        muxVal = usrp.determine_rx_mux_value(self.u, options.rx_subdev_spec)
        print "Mux value is 0x%X" % (muxVal)
        self.u.set_mux(muxVal)
        self.subdev = usrp.selected_subdev(self.u, options.rx_subdev_spec)
        print "Using RX d'board %s" % (self.subdev.side_and_name(),)

        self._build_gui(vbox, usrp_rate)

        if options.gain is None:
            # if no gain was specified, use the mid-point in dB
            g = self.subdev.gain_range()
            options.gain = float(g[0]+g[1])/2
        freq_range = self.subdev.freq_range()
        if options.freq < freq_range[0] or options.freq > freq_range[1]:
            options.freq = (freq_range[0] + freq_range[1]) / 2

        # set initial values
        self.set_gain(options.gain)
        if not(self.set_freq(options.freq)):
            self._set_status_msg("Failed to set initial frequency")

    def _set_status_msg(self, msg, which=0):
        self.frame.GetStatusBar().SetStatusText(msg, which)

    def _build_gui(self, vbox, usrp_rate):

        def _form_set_freq(kv):
            return self.set_freq(kv['freq'])

        if 1:
            self.src_fft = fftsink2.fft_sink_c(self.panel, title="Data from USRP",
                                               fft_size=1024, sample_rate=usrp_rate,
					       ref_scale=32768.0, ref_level=0, y_divs=20)
            self.connect (self.u, self.src_fft)
            vbox.Add (self.src_fft.win, 4, wx.EXPAND)

        # control area form at bottom
        self.myform = myform = form.form()

        hbox = wx.BoxSizer(wx.HORIZONTAL)
        hbox.Add((5,0), 0)
        myform['freq'] = form.float_field(
            parent=self.panel, sizer=hbox, label="Freq", weight=1,
            callback=myform.check_input_and_call(_form_set_freq, self._set_status_msg))

        hbox.Add((5,0), 0)
        myform['freq_slider'] = \
            form.quantized_slider_field(parent=self.panel, sizer=hbox, weight=3,
#                                        range=(87.9e6, 108.1e6, 0.1e6),
                                        range=self.subdev.freq_range(),
                                        callback=self.set_freq)
        hbox.Add((5,0), 0)
        vbox.Add(hbox, 0, wx.EXPAND)

        hbox = wx.BoxSizer(wx.HORIZONTAL)
        hbox.Add((5,0), 0)

        myform['volume'] = \
            form.quantized_slider_field(parent=self.panel, sizer=hbox, label="Volume",
                                        weight=3, range=self.volume_range(),
                                        callback=self.set_vol)
        hbox.Add((5,0), 1)

        myform['gain'] = \
            form.quantized_slider_field(parent=self.panel, sizer=hbox, label="Gain",
                                        weight=3, range=self.subdev.gain_range(),
                                        callback=self.set_gain)
        hbox.Add((5,0), 0)
        vbox.Add(hbox, 0, wx.EXPAND)

    def set_vol(self, vol_value):
        print "Volume: %s" % (vol_value)

    def set_freq(self, target_freq):
        """
        Set the center frequency we're interested in.

        @param target_freq: frequency in Hz
        @rypte: bool

        Tuning is a two step process.  First we ask the front-end to
        tune as close to the desired frequency as it can.  Then we use
        the result of that operation and our target_frequency to
        determine the value for the digital down converter.
        """
        r = usrp.tune(self.u, 0, self.subdev, target_freq)

        if r:
            self.freq = target_freq
            self.myform['freq'].set_value(target_freq)         # update displayed value
            self.myform['freq_slider'].set_value(target_freq)  # update displayed value
            self.update_status_bar()
            self._set_status_msg("OK", 0)
            return True

        self._set_status_msg("Failed", 0)
        return False

    def set_gain(self, gain):
        self.myform['gain'].set_value(gain)     # update displayed value
        self.subdev.set_gain(gain)

    def update_status_bar (self):
        msg = "Setting:%s" % (self.state)
        self._set_status_msg(msg, 1)
        self.src_fft.set_baseband_freq(self.freq)

    def volume_range(self):
        return (-20.0, 0.0, 0.5)

if __name__ == '__main__':
    app = stdgui2.stdapp (spectrum_analyzer_block, "USRP Spectrum Analyzer")
    app.MainLoop ()