________________________________
From: Tom Rondeau <trondeau1...@gmail.com>
To: Bill Stevenson <bill.stevenso...@yahoo.com>
Cc: discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org
Sent: Thursday, March 5, 2009 11:30:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] does the number of samples per symbol for the
dbpsk case really affect the PDR performance?

Bill Stevenson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We did the outdoor testing today to find out the relationship between RSSI
> and Distance and the relationship between RSSI and PDR with USRP and
> GNURadio. Mistakenly, the number of samples per symbol at the TX side was set
> to 4 and the number of samples per symbol at the RX side was set to 2. The
> modulation scheme we used was dbpsk:( . Would my wrong setting affect the
> final performance for the dbpsk case? I am very worried about that because we
> spent more than 5 hours on testing and at last found out that one argument
> was mistakenly configured to a wrong value. Could anyone give me a hand?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bill

Theoretically, no, it won't make a difference.

It might if the rates of the transmitter and receiver were different because of
mismatches in the decim/interp rate.

Tom

Hi, Tom,

Did you mean to say the sampling rate at the TX and RX side when you were
talking about the rates of the transmitter and receiver?

I think there are mismatches in the decim and interp rate because based on the
fomular used to calculate the decim and interp, decim/interp should be 1/2,
which would be 1 due to my mistake. Am I right? Thanks, :D.

Bill