Thanks for the pointers.

I had already put my RBF where the others are (/usr/share/usrp/rev4) and the
others (e.g. std_4rx_0tx.rbf) are working.
I fixed my file permissions, it is still not working, I was root anyway...

Other hypotheses : Newer version of Quartus, gnuradio not built on Windows
machine (only using fpga files in /usrp/fpga/...), std.ihx from same version
as the one used to compile verilog.

Thanks for your input

Mark