I thought the same thing when I first saw it, but reducing the gain doesn't
make a difference. At the link below is a screenshot of the result of lowering
the TVRX's gain from 30 to 10. The gain is low enough that what I assume is a
DC-offset from the ADC can be seen in the center of the plot.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/6281/screenshotusrpfft4.png

Thomas