George,

> Since the code they built to do the NC-OFDM was based originally on the
> code inside GNU Radio, doesn't it make sense to put that back into GNU Radio
> instead of CGRAN? The way that I originally wrote the code was to allow for
> people to do this by manipulating the subcarrier map, so as far as I know,
> the change would just add functionality to the already existing code and not
> change its basic functionality.
>
> I can see having the application being in CGRAN, but by putting it all
> there seems to duplicate code and will confuse the code base.
>
> If I'm wrong and they completely reimplemented a lot of this stuff on their
> own, then that's a different story. When I talked to them at DySPAN, it
> seemed like they enhanced the GNU Radio OFDM code.

Hey Tom,

Sure, I of course would agree it would be best in the GNU Radio code base
:)  It would be the best place for it, no doubt.  I just figured I'd get it
in to CGRAN first since there is absolutely 0 overhead for the code author
(just upload as is), allowing people to get it until it is in the code
base.

This is actually a different group than the DySPAN group.  This is a group
who wrote an NSDI paper:
http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~htzheng/publications/pdfs/jello-nsdi10.pdf

- George