Thanks a bunch for your response, Matt!

> Since you are using an interpolation is a multiple of 4, you won't see CIC
> rolloff, you get a nice flat passband.

Got ya!

> There are likely a couple of issues causing the spectrum to look bad.
> First, successive symbols coming out of the FFT will have amplitude
> discontinuities.  This causes out of band emissions unless you smoothly
> transition between the symbols.  This is normally done with windowing. The
> 802.11g spec is a good example.

I will check the spec for this, thanks for the pointer there.  I will see
how they do the windowing.

> Second, you may be clipping.  OFDM has a very high peak to average ratio,
> so you need to make sure the peaks are below clipping.

Clipping nailed it.  I get a very clean spectrum now :) Super awesome!

One last question still, do you know where I am missing a factor of two
here:

1) My calculation of the bandwidth of the 100 active bins, and the
actual bandwidth, is off by a factor of two:
(((100 MHz) / 32) / 1024) * 100 = 305.175781 kilohertz, where 32 is the
interpolation rate, 1024 was the size of the IFFT, and 100 is the number
of active bins.  I see 610KHz, however.