Tom

After reading gr_ofdm_insert_preamble.cc it looks like the pilots are sent
periodically after every few payload symbols on all frequency bins. Is it
like what I have shown attached ? If yes, then how may payload symbols are
sent between two pilots ?

Another related question is: Who sets the parameters for the work function
in this block ? particularly noutput_samples.

Srinivas
WINLAB, Rutgers University, NJ

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 11:58 AM, Tom Rondeau <trondeau1...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 9:53 AM, Marcin Szelest
> <marcin.szel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >

> > I'm trying to add pilots to an OFDM modulation, is it possible with
> OFDM_mod
> > block?
> > How I can "boost" energy of pilot in OFDM signal?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Marcin
> > http://szelest.org
>
> Yes, this is possible. There is a subcarrier mask concept in the
> modulator and demodulator block that you should be able to use. Right
> now, it specifies if a carrier is in use or not (e.g., data or
> nothing). There are some hooks in there to add pilot tones pretty
> easily to the modulator. Actually using them in the demodulator is
> where you'll have to focus most of your attention.
>
> Tom

Srinivas