  From: Scott Storck
  To: Jason Abele
  Cc: discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org
  Sent: Friday, September 10, 2010 22:59
  Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 4 RX with 2 WBXs?

  Jason and Marcus, thanks for your responses.  I was afraid that this was the
case.

  Is there a daughterboard out there (besides the BasicRX) that can support 4
antennas on a single USRP?

  The other option that would work for me is connecting antenna 0 to WBX 0 and
connecting antennas 1-3 to WBX 1 through a commutator to switch them at a sub-1
kHz frequency.  Can you tell me if any of the unpopulated headers on the WBX
board are digital outputs that could potentially be used to generate a
switching signal and/or low rate ADC inputs that could be used to sample a
switching signal generated elsewhere?

  Finally, what it would take for 2 USRPs to operate a total of 4 WBXs
coherently?  I assume this would at least require connecting Clock Out on USRP0
to Clock In on USRP1, but is that enough to get all 4 WBX PLLs locked together?
 Also, does using two USRPs simply mean that the max USB data rate for each
USRP is halved, or is the effect more severe?

  Thanks,
  Scott
  <ssto...@gmail.com>

  On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Jason Abele <ja...@ettus.com> wrote:

    On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Scott Storck <ssto...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > I have a USRP and two WBX daughterboards.  Is it possible to use 4
    > independent RX antennas (all tuned to the same frequency) with this
hardware
    > setup?

    Scott,

    The WBX has only one (I/Q) receiver per daughterboard.  The two
    Antenna ports (TX/RX and RX2) are for convenience to enable a single
    Antenna on the TX/RX in half duplex or a dedicated RX antenna on RX2.
    The WBX merely switches the input of a single RX chain between those
    two antenna ports based on user settings.

    So, only 2 receivers are possible with your USRP + 2 WBX setup

    Jason