I guess it'd be nice if there was a way to compare spectral efficiency vs.
processing power.
In terms of complex modulation schemes, which would be least intensive? QAM,
QPSK, GMSK?

I ask because I'm trying to use an Atom-based system for running GNURadio
and I'd like to minimize the overhead as much as possible. I've been using
GMSK so far, but I got to wondering if I could save any appreciable amount
by switching to an "easier" modulation scheme.

Thanks!
-William