Hello all,

Another question. I need to have essentially a counter that will control
what frequency I transmit out of the USRP2. I need to control the rate at
which it changes. Currently I use a ramp function to do this. I see there is
a vector source that is also possible solution. Im wondering if there are
also other solutions I may not have considered that someone could recommend.
If my previous email is accurate I might need to wait something like 2
seconds between counts to do what I want in an automated fashion. This seems
difficult to do in a processor efficient manner within GRC being that it is
sample based and more of a labview style of coding and not Cish where I
could set a sleep timer or some other wait function to delay the count. If I
understand things right a possible solution is to decimate a source to
achieve this, or just use a lower frequency ramp source. However this still
requires a lot of cpu time since the source is still outputing samples at
the sample frequency regardless of whether they are being used. And if I
need a variable amount of time at each count, or non-equally spaced counts
this doesn't provide that.

I have considered going into the python code and doing this modification in
there. However I have zero experience with python so it might take me a bit
to do that. Just fishing for suggestions, any help offered is appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin