Hi everyone,
I am a newcomer on this list and would like to first introduce myself.

I am a HW design engineer with over 20 years of experience in designing various
electronic and systems including a working base station based on SW radio in
1999 with a team of engineers at Ericsson Radio Access in Sweden, a system that
managed to support multiple mobiles systems including NMT, GSM, AMPS, DAMPS and
DECT using a number of FPGAs and DSPs. My specialty is FPGA design and I would
like to move some of the GNU radio blocks into an FPGA to make it possible to
run the SW part on a low end processor such as ARM9 or similar.

After many years, I came back to into the field of working on a RBS design and
found the wonderful project called Gnu Radio :)

Now, my questions, I wonder if anyone here has ever looked into using some old
FPGA boards such Avnemt Memec Virtex-II pro board with P160 analog interface
board together with Gnu Radio? The reason I am asking this is that  I have a
few
of these boards from previous project and I believe they could be great HW for
quick start of the GR design with minimum amount of investment.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Farhad Abdolian
Antibes, France