> Hello
>
> I need some advice. I would like to purchase a Software Defined Radio
>
> I would like to be able to do
>
> 1. Around 50 MHz to 2.400 GHz
> 2. USB LSB CW FM WFM / RAW ?
> 3. I would like to be able to decode AX25 packet (ISS)
>
> I also have another project of decoding Mode S aircraft signals.
>
> I have Windows XP / MAC OS X / Linux OpenSUSE.
>
> What are my decoding options for the SDR ?
>
> I can build packages etc in LINUX
>
> - Andrew VK4TEC -

First, GnuRadio is a *framework* for constructing Software-Defined Radio
applications, and as such,
  it's not a "plug and play" SDR.

Plenty of folks on here are working on SDR-based *applications*, and
there may be people working on
  some of the modes you mention.  There's also CGRAN:
 http://www.cgran.org which is a site largely
  for open-source applications that have been built for GnuRadio.
 There's definitely an on-going
  Mode S project using Gnu Radio, and some of those developers are on
this mailing list.

You haven't mentioned whether you need Rx capability only, or Rx/Tx.

Principal Investigator
Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium
http://www.sbrac.org