On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Tuan (Johnny) Ta <ta.tu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> A lot of people seem to have problem with the OFDM receiver in gnuradio.
> Since there's no confirmation of a working *2-way* communication using
> OFDM yet, I've decided to dig into the OFDM receiver implementation. I want
> to test the performance of the OFDM synchronization block. To do that, first
> I want to isolate the ofdm_sync block and make sure the rest of the chain
> works.
>
> I found that there is a test file for OFDM mod and demod, named
> ofdm_mod_demod_test.py, without invoking OFDM synchronization, FFT, preamble
> and cyclic. However, that code is outdated and not applicable for the
> current implementation.
>
> I'm trying to generate similar test code for the current version of OFDM
> mod and demod but there seems to be no straight-forward way. It used to be
> that we can hook the ofdm_mapper straight into an ofdm_frame_sink. It's no
> long the case as the frame_sink now requires a 2nd input, which is a stream
> of bytes signaling the beginning of a symbol. This input is provided by
> ofdm_frame_acquisition, which in turn requires the signaling from the
> ofdm_sampler. The ofdm_sampler gets the signaling from the ofdm_sync x_x.
>
> Long story short, I haven't found a way to test the system while bypassing
> the ofdm_sync block yet. Can anyone give me some suggestion?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Johnny

Johnny,
Try using the "fixed" version of the ofdm_sync block found on line 96 of
ofdm_receiver.py. This takes information about what you expect the timing
and frequency offset to be and does nothing but use that to trigger the
follow-on components. It was made for doing exactly the kind of things you
are looking at doing.

Tom