Thanks Marcus for your valuable information .
Now as per you have said that the usrp/gnuradio doesnt do any default
demodulation , that means if i apply a demodulation technique to the
captured file from usrp_rx_cfile.py , i will get the required output.For
example if i apply GMSK demodulation to the captured file i ll get the
properly formatted output as per the GSM protocol ... right.
Thanks

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 10:02 PM, Marcus D. Leech <mle...@ripnet.com> wrote:

> On 07/04/2011 10:34 AM, ton ph wrote:
>
>> Hi guys ,
>>  I Just want to confirm a thing regarding the demodulation of the digital
>> dat in the gnuradio as the signals are received from the usrp. The doubt
>> are,
>>  1. Where is the demodulation is implemented in the gnuradio .
>>  2. What demodulation is implemented by default in the urp_rx_cfile ...
>> please do help me someone in clearing my doubts .
>>
>> Thanks
>>
> Gnu Radio is a generic digital-signal-processing framework. Which includes
> *many* pre-built processing blocks, including demodulators
>  and modulators, correlators, detectors, etc, etc.
>
> There is no *default* demodulation scheme anywhere in the basic
> architecture, and usrp_rx_cfile is used to simply copy samples as they
>  come off the USRP hardware into a file.
>
> The USRP hardware doesn't do any demodulation--the signal you see delivered
> to the host PC is just filtered/decimated baseband
>  samples as they come off the ADC, appropriately scaled for use inside Gnu
> Radio.  The USRP hardware doesn't know anything
>  about modulation or demodulation, per se.  All of that is the
> responsibility of the host software.  Correspondingly, the transmit
>  side of the USRP hardware doesn't *know* anything about modulation,
> either.  It is entirely up to the host software to provide
>  appropriately-modulated samples for the hardware to dutifully turn into
> analog signals and then (usually) up-convert to the
>  desired RF band of interest.  Generally, the host interface operates in
> "baseband" mode--the (complex) samples are centered at DC.
>
> Cheers

Phenomenon
# Life is the most precious phenomenon ever happen ...

# Lets pray and give emotional strength to the innocent brave victims of
japan
# they are human and m also a human which implies we are one.