I tried almost all things. I also tried without -s.
Well, the current situation is I am getting the three kinds of IQ data.
1. both of the IQ valid signal is achieved.
2. Either I or Q is valid, the other one is a dead signal (showing '0',
zero values)
3. Both of them are dead signal ('0' values).

I dont know why I am getting the zero. There should be a value even for
noise. It should not be zero.

Any idea?

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 10:10 AM, Tom Rondeau <trondeau1...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 6:31 AM, Hasan Rajib Imam <shuvo1...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello Tom & Nick,
>>
>> Thanks for your help. I am here to ask another question.
>>
>> I am using the following command
>> sudo python usrp2_rx_cfile.py -f 800M -N 1000 -d 100 -s -v output.dat
>>
>> After that, I converted the .dat file using octave command
>> (read_complex_binary).
>>
>> However, the values I am getting are ambiguous.
>> I am getting lots of 0 (zeros) and lots of Nan (dont know what does it mean
>> though)..I have no idea about it.
>>
>> Here is the snapshot of what I get. I would really appreciate if somebody
>> can give any idea about this. Thank you.
>>

> Doesn't the -s option output shorts? When you use the read_complex_binary,
> it's expecting it as complex floats (32-bit float I, 32-bit float Q). Try
> capturing without the -s and try again.
>
> You might also have to turn up the receiver gain.
>
> Tom
>

>> ------snapshot-----------
>> (9.183409485952689e-41,0)
>>  (NaN,NaN)
>>  (NaN,NaN)
>>  (NaN,NaN)
>>  (NaN,NaN)
>>  (NaN,9.183409485952689e-41)
>>  (NaN,NaN)
>>  (NaN,9.183409485952689e-41)
>>  (NaN,NaN)
>>  (NaN,NaN)
>>  (9.183409485952689e-41,0)
>>  (NaN,9.183409485952689e-41)
>>  (9.183409485952689e-41,0)
>>  (9.183409485952689e-41,9.183409485952689e-41)
>>  (NaN,NaN)
>>  (9.183409485952689e-41,0)
>>  (NaN,NaN)
>>  (0,9.183409485952689e-41)
>>  (NaN,NaN)
>>  (NaN,9.183409485952689e-41)
>>  (NaN,NaN)
>>  (NaN,9.183409485952689e-41)
>>  (0,9.183269356106256e-41)
>>  (9.183409485952689e-41,9.183409485952689e-41)
>>  (9.183409485952689e-41,0)
>>  (9.183409485952689e-41,0)
>>  (9.183409485952689e-41,0)
>>  (0,0)
>>  (0,0)
>>  (0,0)
>>  (0,0)
>>  (0,0)
>>  (0,0)
>>  (0,0)
>>  (0,0)
>>  (0,0)
>>  (0,0)
>>  (0,0)
>>  (0,0)
>>  (0,0)
>>  (0,0)
>>  (0,0)
>>  (0,0)
>>  (0,0)
>>  (0,0)
>>

>> On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 12:16 AM, Tom Rondeau <trondeau1...@gmail.com>wrote:

>>> Hasan,
>>>
>>> You can use the gr.fir_filter_XXX(decim, taps) or
>>> gr.fft_filter_XXX(decim, taps). The taps are generally defined using
>>> gr.firdes.low_pass_2(gain, sample rate, bw, transition, attenuation,