2011/12/13 Josh Blum <j...@ettus.com>

> On 12/12/2011 08:25 PM, Phone Naing MYINT wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > TX is clear, defaulted to TX/RX. RX default to direct conversion, what
> does it mean?
>
> RFX2400 is a direct conversion receiver *and* a direct conversion
> transmitter. What the docs really should say:
>
> 1) When you tune the transmit chain, the default behaviour is to tune
> the LO away from the desired center frequency.
>
> 2) When you tune the receive chain, the default behavior is to tune the
> LO as close as possible to the desired center frequency.
>
> You can of course, override this behavior:
> http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/general.html#tuning-notes

I would personally reccomend you to use this (and scrap GRC) as soon as
possible.
The RFX2400 board has some problems selecting a center frequency far enough
off, and you might run into trouble if you are using a digital modulation
(You can see some of my earlier posts on this)

>  For receive, using TX/RX or RX2 provides same performance?
> >

> TXRX vs RX2 is just a simple switch. You must pick what is most useful
> for your application (full vs half duplex). Obviously, for a
> receive-only application, either antenna option is good.

If you use the TX/RX as a receiver, you will notice a small attenuation
(~2dB) compared to using RX2.
Also remark, that the attenuation between TX/RX when transmitting and RX2
is ~65 dB.

-josh

Best Paul

--