On 29/12/11 06:48 PM, Tom Rondeau wrote:

> I absolutely agree on this. We should definitely have a standard uhd
> options parser that we can pull in to any program using a uhd device.
> Excellent suggestion.
>
> If we have/had one for GNU Radio before, I never used it or knew about
> it. Having recently just fixed most of the examples, I never ran
> across it, either. We do have a preferred style and suggested options
> in our style guide on the Wiki, though.
>
> For this, we probably don't have enough general use options to have a
> default GR options parser module, though. We should definitely make a
> UHD one though.
That was my suspicion--that there just aren't really any "general" Gnu
Radio options, except perhaps for scheduler
  tweaks (TPB vs not-TPB is the only one I can think of).

> Also, Python 2.7 has deprecated optparser in favor of argsparser
> (http://docs.python.org/library/optparse.html). We should start trying
> to make our programs compliant with this while still supporting Python
> 2.5. It seems awkward to have a check in every Python script if it's
> 2.7 or earlier, though, but we could easily do it in the UHD options
> module.

Oh, those silly Pythonians.  Haven't they ever read all those diatribes
about "better is the enemy of 'good enough'"?

--
Principal Investigator
Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium