I have found the answer of my last question by myself:

I configured OpenBTS new, changed the OpenBTS.sql and smqueue.sql files, did

sqlite3 -init ./apps/OpenBTS.example.sql /etc/OpenBTS/OpenBTS.db
sqlite3 -init smqueue/smqueue.example.sql /etc/OpenBTS/smqueue.db

But now there is a new error:

> Starting the system...
> ALERT 3078318960 USRPDevice.cpp:545:setRxFreq: set RX: 1.7832e+09failed
> baseband freq: 1.78e+09
> DDC freq: -3.2e+06
> residual freq: 0.00298023
> ALERT 3078318960 Transceiver.cpp:540:driveControl: RX failed to tune
> ALERT 3074639568 TRXManager.cpp:342:tune: RXTUNE failed with status 1
> ALERT 3074639568 TRXManager.cpp:395:powerOn: POWERON failed with status 1
> ALERT 3074639568 TRXManager.cpp:409:setPower: SETPOWER failed with status
> 1
> ALERT 3074639568 TRXManager.cpp:409:setPower: SETPOWER failed with status
> 1
> 1336484679.264657 3074639568:
> Welcome to OpenBTS. Type "help" to see available commands.
> OpenBTS> ALERT 3041119088 TRXManager.cpp:409:setPower: SETPOWER failed
> with status 1
> ALERT 3065535344 TRXManager.cpp:86:clockHandler: TRX clock interface
> timed out, assuming TRX is dead.
> Aborted

I am not sure if there is still a problem with gnu radio or it is just an
error from OpenBTS.
(The configuration in OpenBTS.config are right and the correct softlink is
set so this shouldn't be the problem.)

*lsusrp:
*

> *Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/lsusrp", line 25, in <module>
>     from gnuradio import usrp
> ImportError: cannot import name usrp*

so it seems that there are still problems with gnuradio but i don't know
how to locate them because I followed these guide:

> http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/OpenBTSBuildingAndRunning#Building-and-Installing

ls -lR /dev/bus/usb | grep usrp:

> crw-rw---- 1 root usrp 189, 3 2012-05-09 08:38 004

so the USRP seems to be recognized.

So should I install gnuradio for a third time or is the error another?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Ellen

2012/5/4 Ellen Apolinar <ellen.apolinar...@googlemail.com>

> Thanks a lot for your answers!
>

> Now there is still sn error when I want to start OpenBTS. Perhaps you
know it. First I describe what I did:

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/OpenBTSBuildingAndRunning#Building-dependencies

http://gnuradio.org/releases/gnuradio/

> Before I continued:
>>
>> apt-get -y install libfontconfig1-dev libxrender-dev libpulse-dev swig
g++ automake autoconf python-dev libfftw3-dev libcppunit-dev
libboost-all-dev libusb-dev fort77 sdcc sdcc-libraries libsdl1.2-dev
python-wxgtk2.8 git-core guile-1.8-dev libqt4-dev python-numpy ccache
python-opengl libgsl0-dev python-cheetah python-lxml doxygen qt4-dev-tools
libqwt5-qt4-dev libqwtplot3d-qt4-dev pyqt4-dev-tools python-qwt5-qt4

> (I know that is a little bit too much but I wanted to be sure that
everything is alright.:)

> Then:
>>
>> ./configure --disable-all-components --enable-usrp --enable-gruel
>> # make softlinks for boost and usrp-files
>

> Perhaps a stupid question but should I do these steps again before
starting OpenBTS?

>> ./bootstrap
>> ./configure
>> make
>> make install
>

> When without them I start OpenBTS:
>>
>> Starting the system...
>> OpenBTS: GSMCommon.cpp:140: unsigned int
GSM::uplinkFreqKHz(GSM::GSMBand, unsigned int): Assertion
`(ARFCN>511)&&(ARFCN<886)' failed.
>> Aborted
>
> But this is not the first time that this alert comes when I want to start
OpenBTS and the USRP1 is on (with the correct clock).

> Thanks a lot for your answers and your help.
>
> Regards
> Ellen
>
> 2012/5/4 Martin Braun <martin.br...@kit.edu>
>>
>> On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 09:36:02AM +0200, Ellen Apolinar wrote:
>> > 1) Unfortunatelly I installed a version which is too new for working
with
>> > OpenBTS so I want to uninstall it.
>> >
>> > <make uninstall> didn't work so I think I have to remove it manually.
(Locate