I've gotten not-very-good reports of build-gnuradio failing on
systems that are set for languages other than English, and which contain
pathname components with non-English characters.

This appears to
affect the underlying Gnu Radio build when it uses Python internally,
and also to Gnu Radio applications that are run subsequently.

I'd like
to get good error reports from people who have experienced this, so we
can determine if there's an easy fix that continues to allow the user to
use a non-English system configuration.

So, if you've experienced this
situation on a non-English system, with pathnames (like you home
directory) that contain non-ASCII-English characters, I'd like to know
about it, and get good error logs.

-Marcus