Chris, I'm a little confused by "I used SWIG 2.0.4 on the host"  I haven't
used OpenWRT but the assumption is that you have a cross compiled swig on
your host which you're linking against and have installed on your embedded
target.  It sounds like either some library is not installed properly but
again it can be an environmental variable issue.

Are you making packages via openwrt? Filesystem? Can you provide some more
details?  The easy but loooong way to get gnuradio working on embedded
platforms might be a native compilation .... Philip Balister might have
more insight ... he always does :)