You can add three sine waves and send them using a single carrier. However,
in this approach, the separation of the sine wave frequency components will
be limited by the sampling rate.

Let's assume that you can obtain a 20 MS/s sampling rate in your system.
You can cover 10 MHz frequency band with this sampling rate. If you use a
carrier frequency of 902 MHz, you can send different sine waves up to 912
MHz frequency in this approach.

Thanks,

Nazmul

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 4:51 PM, pengyu zhang <zhange...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know that USRP can send out carrier wave at one frequency. For example,
> a carrier wave at frequency 902MHz. The carrier wave sent is
> sin(2*pi*902MHz*t). Can we send a carrier wave at three frequencies? For
> example, a carrier wave at frequency 902MHz, 915MHz, and 928MHz. The
> carrier wave I want to send
> is sin(2*pi*902MHz*t)+sin(2*pi*915MHz*t)+sin(2*pi*928MHz*t). Is multi-tone
> carrier wave feasible given USRP's hardware? How could I implement this on
> USRP? Thanks.
>
> Pengyu

Muhammad Nazmul Islam

Graduate Student
Electrical & Computer Engineering
Wireless Information & Networking Laboratory
Rutgers, USA.