OK, thanks. My problematic Acer with AR8151 NIC accepts MTU's up to about 6100.
Trying to set higher MTU it responds with an error. After setting to a large
value, such as 6000, I checked with ifconfig whether it was accepted. However,
as said, it has no effect on the failing UDP communication with the N210.

Rickard