Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 15:40:39 -0700
From: alankeithwoodw...@gmail.com
To: Discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Noise levels from a RTL dongle

Hi,

I am new to Gnu radio but have it working on Mac OS X 10.8 and am using a E4000
tuner in a usb dongle.  I have been experimenting with a Gqrx as well as GRC
and am getting mixed results, with Gqrx I can get reasonable quality FM
reception on 89.31 Mhz (radio 2 in the UK) with the wide band FM (mono)
receiver and a 70Khz filter band.  I have tried to replicate this in GRC as I
want access to the demodulated signal as a live file (to be fed into a std unix
pipe) for onward processing, however, the quality is significantly worse than
Gqrx.  Can anyone help with my GRC graph.

Details are on my site, Woodstercorp.com

Any help gratefully received.

Alan