LED E is always on, even when I disconnect the external source

I used this command on the Tx:
uhd.tune_request(915000000)

and this command on the Rx:
uhd.tune_request(915000000,10e6)

the freq is now very stable
but there is a constant shift of 570 Hz between Rx and Tx

another strange thing happened:
when I used the command
uhd.tune_request(915000000,10e6)
on the Tx, the USRP transmitted with a shift of 10 MHz (minus a few 100s
Hertz)

is this ok?

what can I do to solve the constant shift of 570Hz
what is the uhd.tune_request command and how can I use it when configured
to external clock?

Thanks, Guy