"how can i make the usrp send its time when configured for synchronization?"

I might be misunderstanding the question, but here's an answer.  The USRP
source outputs stream tags on the first sample when streaming.  The three
tags are 1) rx_time 2) rx_rate 3)  frequency.  Using (1) and (2), you
should be able to determine and track the time of the USRP.

You would use set_command_time for anything with commands - gpio, tuning,
etc.  This is in the control plane. You do timed bursts in the data plane
with stream tags -> tx_sob, tx_time, tx_eob.

If these terms are foreign to you, Google "introduction to stream tags" by
Tom R.

-John

On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 12:02 PM, Jay Prakash <jay.prakash.ec...@itbhu.ac.in