Hi everyone,

Here in the lab we have been working for several months with USRPs and
GNURadio, both for teaching and research, but specially the former.
Students are very very motivated by the sense of reality that they bring.
All in all, congratulations for all the developers involved.

In any case, here in Uruguay they are starting to deploy digital TV, the
ISDB standard in particular. So we figured that a good "long-term" project
would be to implement an ISDB receiver. The first thing we had done is to
verify if anyone has developed (or at least started to develop) such
receiver with GNURadio and USRP (or any other SDR platform, such as
BladeRF).

After conducting a realtively thorough search on the internet, we have
concluded that some work has been carried out, but no code has been made
public. In particular, we found the following related works:

 - The work of the group of Vincenzo Pellegrini in DVB, which is not
available (https://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1440970).
 - Receiving only the 1seg by a group in the Nara Institute of Science and
Technology, which I believe is not available either (a demo in youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svzMwFrcNC0).
 - A paper by a group in the University of Campinas (Brazil), where they
report of an ongoing work to implement a ISDB-T transmitter (see
http://groups.winnforum.org/europe_papers_wednesday#2.3), but of which I
could not find anything except the paper.

Anyone knows of a project to implement such receiver in GNURadio? Or maybe
someone has tried and concluded that the required computation is too much
for the host PC?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Federico