I have been working for a week or so on getting GNU Radio going on a Debian
Linux platform running inside a VM.

GNU Radio is compiled and runs fine. The VM sees my Funcube Pro+ dongle.
Using 'plughw:0,0' got rid of the audio stuttering problem. After
struggling with a couple of the demo flowgraphs I downloaded and built gqrx.

It runs. I can tune it to the local NOAA Weather Radio transmitter. I use
that for testing because its very strong where I am. I have the same
problem there that I have in GNU Radio: no receive audio.

Can anyone give me some advice how to proceed? To answer the one question,
yes, I am pursuing building a Debian system on a flash drive that I can
boot natively.

Mike Harpe, N4PLE
Sellersburg, IN, USA