On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 7:00 PM, Marcus D. Leech <mle...@ripnet.com> wrote:

> On 04/10/2014 04:13 PM, Ed Criscuolo wrote:
>

>> How hard would it be to pop up a bother box if you attempt
>> to enter with outstanding parameter error(s).  Give you
>> a chance to confirm or cancel the enter, because you may want to
>> deliberately enter something that's wrong now but will be
>> fixed later (for instance a variable name that you haven't
>> created yet).
>>
> I certainly like the "evaluate when you leave the box" paradigm, but I'm
> also the kind of developer who will enter a variable name, etc, that
>   hasn't actually been created yet.
>
> --
> Marcus Leech

Yeah, I'll do the same; enter a variable I haven't created yet. I'm afraid
of putting pop-up boxes like this, though. You'll still see the red text in
the block and the GRC error button will be enabled to help you track things
down, so there will be an indication that you've done something wrong, it
might just be after you've closed the box and will have to reopen it. My
problem with adding pop-up error boxes is the "Windows Vista" effect of
just "dammit, I know what I'm doing!" and close it without necessarily
reading the warning or error.

Tom