On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 5:09 AM, Damon <qiu.guowang...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Recently I am learning the grextras project. I am confused about the
> message port which is designed in grextras.
> Why will we not get a error when the message ports do not connect to
> other message ports? I thought those port actually is data stream ports,
> so they should be connected to other ports.
>
> Best regards,
> Damon

Damon,
grextras is an external project from GNU Radio and not related to the core
functionality.

But GNU Radio's message passing structure does not require connections.
It's a publish-subscribe model, and a block will publish a message
regardless of whether or not another block is subscribed and listening.

Tom