Hello David,

as get_time_now is a public function of usrp_sink, it is accessible from
everywhere :)
You'll need a (shared) pointer to that usrp_sink;using that, you can do
something like
uhd::time_spec_t now = my_usrp_sink->get_time_now();
You could, for example, take an usrp_sink::sptr as an argument for your
block's constructor and store that reference to use it later in your work()
function.

Greetings,
Marcus