Jay,

If you stream the output of the correlate access code to file, and you
leave them unpacked, Bit 1 being set will show where the sync word is (I
think the bit after).  Of course Bit 0 will be the data.  This assumes
you're using correlate access code, and not "correlate access code - tag".
This should allow you to store everything including the preamble.

Also, if you don't know the protocol, how do you know what the preamble is?

-John