On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Shashank Sinha <shashsin...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I re-installed UHD drivers, GNU Radio as well as gr-foo and gr-ieee80211 .
> I started to run the transmitter with Performance Monitor but got the
> following error:
>
> ctrlport-monitor: radio.get threw exception (math domain error).
>
> I tried looking for an explanation online but was unsuccessful. Any ideas
> to the reason for the error. I am pretty sure it is not related to
> gr-ieee80211.
>
> Specs:
> GNU Radio - 3.7.3
> UHD Driver - 3.7.1
> RF Front-End - NI USRP- 2920
> OS - Ubuntu 12.04

Are you running gr-ctrlport-monitor from the command line or using the GRC
block?

If using this the latter way, I've noticed this happening on very complex
flowgraphs. I think it basically makes a call to the flowgraph that the
flowgraph doesn't properly respond to or provides a 0 result. If you launch
the flowgraph first and then call the gr-ctrlport-monitor from the command
line in a terminal, instead, the problem should go away.

Also, you could try running a simpler flowgraph just to verify that this
and the performance monitor tool are working in a more controlled
experiment.

Also, can you get the line number for where the assertion is coming from?
It'd be good if we could put a check in there to prevent it from crashing
like this.

Thanks,
Tom