Right, I've played with MAVlink before and as said it is not a wireless
standard, you can send it over hard link serial if you want. I'm assuming
your are sending the MAVlink over a pair of serial-RF adapters as is usual.

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-using-the-3dr-radio-for-telemetry-with-apm-and-px4/

Seems to be what most use ( I have a pair of these as well ). If you look
at the technical section your can see they list FHSS GFSK as the
modulation. I would look into the datasheet for the chip for more details.
I would recommend just doing the RF demodulation in GNUradio and then send
the packets to an external program for further processing.

~Andrew