On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 9:36 AM, Daniele Nicolodi <dani...@grinta.net>
wrote:

> On 30/07/2014 15:27, Tom Rondeau wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 7:50 AM, Daniele Nicolodi <dani...@grinta.net
> > <mailto:dani...@grinta.net>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hello,
> >
> >     as soon as I introduce a pair of block publishing and consuming
> >     messages, the GNURadio scheduler (version 3.7.2) does not terminate
> the
> >     execution of the flow-graph when the stream sources signal the end of
> >     the stream.
> >
> >     This is also reflected in how the test case qa_python_message_passing
> >     checks for the termination of the execution.
> >
> >     Is this by design, is it a known limitation, or is it a bug?
> >
> >     Cheers,
> >     Daniele
> >

> > Yes, this is a know bug fixed in 3.7.4. See the release notes under
> > "Important Bug Fixes and Improvements":
> > http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/ChangeLogV3_7_4
>
> Hello Tom,
>
> thanks, I missed it from the release notes.
>
> There is a known workaround to stop execution of the flow-graph?
>
> Thanks. Cheers,
> Daniele

Sure, the patch is in current version :)

It was actually somewhat complicated to fix, though, but you could
potentially cherry-pick it onto your local source. Otherwise, I don't think
there is a good workaround. You'd have to have some streaming components.
You could try to add a streaming port into a null sink or something stupid
like that...

Tom