Thanks again for your (rapid) response!

1) I think there should be somekind of bug report on that although I dont
really know how to do this
2) I was thinking of a workaround through lsmod (similar to modprobe in
linux) to emulate the removal and re-insertion of USB, this way I could
write a simple script and avoid the physical procedure which prohibits
remote control of the USRP host. Any ideas on that?

3) When I execute a flowgraph that contains a WXGUI element and close the
python window instead of killing the flowgraph, I can issue a next
execution without problems. What's happening then and how can I use this
for my
purposes?

Best regards,
Lefteris