Hi,

I'm having the same issue as Khalid. I just updated my GNU Radio source
based installation on two different machines. On one of the machines I
previously had a source installation of gnuradio 3.7.4. This machine runs
Linux Mint 17.1, the other machine runs Ubuntu 14.04. A flow graph
utilising virtual sources and sinks that ran fine under gnuradio and
gnuradio-companion 3.7.4 now throws up the same error as Khalid has pointed
out, on both my Linux Mint and Ubuntu machines.

Anyone else seeing this behaviour? Any ideas?

Thanks

Cheers
Richard

On 6 January 2015 at 05:57, khalid.el-darymli <khalid.el-dary...@mun.ca>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We recently bought a new PC with some powerful specs. GNU Radio was built
> from the source and it seems to be installed fine. However, when I try to
> use the virtual sink and source blocks in my flow graph, I am getting the
> following error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./test_skh.py", line 595, in <module>
>     tb = test_skh()
>   File "./test_skh.py", line 486, in __init__
>     self.connect((self.virtual_source_0, 0),
> (self.blocks_multiply_conjugate_cc_0, 0))
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr/hier_block2.py", line
> 93, in __getattr__
>     return getattr(self._impl, name)
> *AttributeError: 'top_block_sptr' object has no attribute
> 'virtual_source_0'*
>

> Once I replace the virtual blocks with direct connections, things work
> just fine. What is the cause for this problem and how to fix it?
>
> Please note that on an older machine, GNU Radio was installed around a
> month ago following the same procedure followed here, and the virtual
> sink/source blocks work just fine.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best regards,
> Khalid

*SCOTT ADAMS: Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features
yet.*