Hi Andreas,

that's kind of interesting, because if it works on a PC, I'd say it's a
performance issue; if you don't see aU (audio underruns) or some osmosdr
warnings, then I'd say it's not.
What one does in this situation is both running a process-based cpu
usage tool; I recommend "htop" (which is like top, but actually a lot
nicer). Do you have another process suddenly consume CPU? Does it look
like it's pulseaudio (that would be the implicit audio resampling issue)?
If, what I presume, you only see two python processes consuming 100%
each, you will need to dig deeper. There's a tool called "perf" [1],
which, when run as "perf top" as root will let you introspect CPU usage
per method, including kernel routines.
Both perf and htop are available as packets for many Linux distributions.

Best regards,
Marcus
[1] https://perf.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Tutorial