Excellent!

Thanks for your reply Felix!

As Thomas Rondeau pointed out, the sync problem would ideally be solved
with the correlate and sync block, as 802.15.4 packets have a known
preamble and SFD but there might be some glitches with it. However, Thomas
also optimized Costas Loop to be quite efficient now (see [1]). I'm doing a
bit of experimenting on synchronization for this week and will submit a
pull request to Bastian as well.

Cheers,

[1]
http://www.trondeau.com/blog/2014/9/1/whats-the-right-way-to-calculate-tanh.html